Tours and Attractions
The Garden Isle is filled with places to explore, either on your own or with a guide.
- Sugar Plantation – Take a tour through the only remaining working plantation on Kauai, one of only two remaining in Hawaii. As one of the world’s largest exporters of sugar in the world, visitors can get a first-hand glimpse into the world of the fields and factory.
- Napali Coast – A “must-see” for every visitor to Kauai, this 15-mile stretch of rugged coast is only accessible via boat or hiking. Striking sheer cliffs drop straight down thousands of feet to the ocean, which is home to dolphins, turtles, monk seals and, in the winter, whales.
- Boat Tours can include rafting trips, sunset cruises or snorkeling picnics. Whale watching is included in all winter trips
- Hiking is along the 11-mile long Kalalau Trail. The trail begins at Ke’e Beach, and includes Hanakapi’ai Beach at two miles and the incredible Hanakapi’ai Falls four miles into the trek. In order to go further than the Falls, you must have a permit, and plan to camp overnight.
- Waimea Canyon – Sometimes referred to as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, you can explore this natural wonder on your own as you drive the Canyon Road, by guided bus tour or via a memorable helicopter tour. There is a wide selection of hiking trails from beginner to adventurous, as well as a museum and Koke’e State Park.
- Kilauea Lighthouse – The northernmost point of the main Hawaiian Islands, this historic lighthouse once guided ships in from The Orient. Now a favorite tourist attraction, the amazing ocean views, visitor center and nearby wildlife refuge, bird sanctuary and extinct volcano offer interesting spots for travelers. Kilauea, North Kauai
- Fern Grotto – Cruise up the Wailua River – the only navigable river in Hawaii – to a lava rock grotto covered in lush green ferns. Hawaiian musicians will serenade visitors to this natural amphitheater, once reserved for royalty only. Only accessible by boat, you can take a tour from the dock or kayak on your own.
- Movie Locations – The beauty of Kauai makes it a natural setting for many major motion pictures. Take a guided tour by bus or limousine to the scene of movies including Flight of the Intruder, Diamond Head, Dragonfly, The Hawaiians, Islands in the Stream, The Lost World, Mighty Joe Young, Outbreak, Raiders of the Lost Ark & Jurassic Park.
For more information, please contact the concierge at 808.742.1234 or email@example.com.